You can read about the progress of our trip in Peru and other prayer requests here:
Workshops in the eastern jungle of Peru.
Thank you for praying for our time in Pucallpa. For 3 weeks I was able to participate in teaching indigenous brothers and sisters who are pastors and leaders of their communities.
They have been trained in how to prepare practical teachings for adults, children and youth. They have designed biblical and didactic material that they can use to strengthen the use of their native language, encourage reading and also help their churches grow spiritually.
- We ask your prayers for the 6 participants of the languages: Ticuna, Matsiguenka, Achuar and Shawi. May the Lord use them in a powerful way for the extension of His kingdom among their indigenous communities.
Pepe was also able to make it safely to San Lorenzo, Loreto to work with the Achuar Bible translation team. They are making progress on the translation of 1 Samuel and received training on how to proofread and correct spelling errors and biblical meaning.
- We ask for your prayers for the Achuar team, that they may continue to learn to work as a team, that the Word of God may continue to transform their hearts and that what they learn may be shared with their churches.
Iquitos in June.
We are a few days away from traveling to the city of Iquitos to spend a few days with the church “El Sembrador”, our sending church in Peru.
- We ask you to join us in prayer that this will be a good time to report to the church that for several years has supported this ministry.
We thank God for the opportunity to participate in a new Reading Club workshop, as I did in Pucallpa, but this time with indigenous leaders from the northern jungle of Peru. For this reason we will stay a few more days in Iquitos and finish just before our return to Mexico.
- Join us in praying that the Holy Spirit may work in each brother who will attend and that the preparations to carry it out may be according to God’s will.
Throughout this time of travel, the Lord has gifted us with good health for me and our baby. There have been some challenges in getting through these months of pregnancy in the midst of the workshops, especially having to be on my feet a lot and the change in diet. But we give glory to God for His goodness in having a stable pregnancy.
- We appreciate your prayers so that we do not have inconveniences to have the corresponding control appointment next week, since we only have a few days in Lima before we travel to Iquitos. Also for the baby’s health and his/her good development.
Return to Mexico in June.
God willing, we return to Mexico at the end of June after all these workshops.
Thanks to each one of you who are being part of the Lord’s ministry with your prayers, offerings and messages of encouragement.
Do you want to print it to share?
Pepe and Miriam
Iglesia Bautista Getsemaní de Cuautla, Morelos, México.
Iglesia Evangélica Unión Peruana El Sembrador de Iquitos, Perú.